Friday, August 3, 2012

On Happy Notes

Did you know that happiness and sadness are actually infectious diseases? I guess it makes sense, say when your partner, your friends or co-workers are all happy and jolly, you somehow feel as if your mood’s been lighten. On the other hand, when people around you are feeling low, if you care enough, you start to get rubbed off on it too (of course this won’t work on self-centered people who think that they are the only creature living in this world)

I have been feeling a lil low lately (read: it is almost that time of the month).  I was browsing the internet and came across to this.

You guys out there, don’t start rolling your eyes and say “Oh here we go again!”. It’s a good read!  Don’t you want to learn how to end your day on a happy note?  Well, according to the article, there are three good ways to get there:

1) With Yourself:  Re-Run the Happy Days.  Negative thoughts are naturally clingy.  Even the most optimistic person in this world gets those devilish thoughts every once in a while, but it depends on WHAT the person decides to do in one’s mind that help pushing away/sucking in those tainted thoughts.  I once saw a program on tv (which I am not going to say which program it was.. haha!), a mom lost her teenage daughter 15 years ago.  Ever since the day of her daughter’s death, she’d kept the daughter’s room the way it was.  She would stare at her daughter’s belonging and re-run the memory of the moment how she passed away.  She had been in grief for 15 years.  It was until when she showed up for this TV program, she was told that her daughter had lived so many beautiful happy years up till her death, but all she focused on was the moment when her daughter died. Instantly you could see that her facial expression softened, it was almost like her mind just took a deep breathe and went ahhhhh…  Then she said “I never thought of it that way… I never thought it that way…”

Sorry, long story.  But what I am trying to say is that, we need to remember the happy moments in life, even when things get rough, try to tell yourself, yes I know I am sad right now but wait, didn’t I do this this this and that that that and it was awesome?? 

2) With your friends: Enforcing the –ings – chilling, hanging, relaxing.  That’s right!  I don’t think I need to say more.  Other than, I suggest doing a few more of those –ing stuff.  Drinking maybe?  Masturbating perhaps?  How about hanging out with friends to have a relaxing time chilling, chatting, drinking and then go home masturbating.  Let me know if you need a shake weight to practice for now.  Target has them on clearance. 

3) With your partner: Be intimate, even when you are not in the mood. For guys, I don’t think this is a problem.  Tips for the females, you may want to try enforcing the –ings first, like relaxing, drinking, drinking and more drinking.  Then you don’t know what you are thinking anymore and the next thing you know, Hey now!  I am having sex! 

Or some people might call it “raping”.  Another –ing to enforce.   Ha!!  Sorry I was kidding about the enforcing part. 

 

Alright, I need to stop here.  I swear I meant to write a serious post but my mind can only stay clean for so long!

Hope this post put a lil smile on your face.  Cheer up because life is short, don’t forget to live :)

Oh and don’t forget to share with us which of the three strategies did you use today!  We love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Tim said...

That show had to have been Oprah right? Do you eat bon bons while watching, that should be on the list of strategies as well :P

Today I used the -ing strategy, I plan to -ing again later lol