Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dear Ah Pak (Mou Gong gong dong wa lah!)

There was a rumor
That you left us.
It was a rumor as another friend just said hi to you at mile four yesterday.

It was true.
You were gone from our vicinity.
Like a hurricane that wiped out a tiny community in a blink of an eye.
It carved a hole in our lives.

I despise all the past tense.
But all we can do now,
Is remember
What a great leader you were heading the Red Cross Society, winning the marching competition every single freaking year.
How you conversed to me in Cantonese and i struggled to reply you.
Your uber straight, blank face when you crack a hilarious joke.
The way you strutted that earned you the name "Ah Pak"
The last time i met you at a friend's home during chinese new year, inviting me to jump on the bandwagon and have some fun.

I'm glad you gave the world a child.
We need hearts like you in this earth.

All we have is
A little piece of you, tucked deep inside in each one of us.
Thank you for the memories.

1 comment:

Teochew Kelz said...

I am sorry, my dear friend.