Saturday, May 12, 2012

Coins on the ground

Have you ever been tempted when you spot coins laying innocently, quaintly on the ground you trotted?
That was the dilemma the whole week. As though the earth/ cosmic universe is wanting to thank me for using my own shopping bags instead of plastic bags, dimes and quarters were scattered along my path for several days straight.

First impression: Oh Hey! Coins!
Sub conscience Uno echos : Gramps said it's wasted fortune if they're not picked.
Sub conscience Dos rebutted : My good friend's parents once told us picking up coins means picking up bad luck.

Ugh. There i am starring at them waiting for my mind to be decisive. My limbs wait in anticipation.

And of course the coins are yelling: Pick me up from dirt! I am to be traded , not tramped!
But then again, there are some coins who are perfectly content: Ah, a vacation! I shall lie here and smell the roses!

How about some thoughts from the third party.
" Don't let your friends tell you that you are overly frugal for picking up dimes. You could be a dollar wealthier  in one week! Just tell them you don't like litter. "
" Yuck, don't pick up dirt! "
" I don't do it for money, just out of curiosity. "
" I prefer 100 dollar bills, not coins. "
" Only pick it up if it's heads up! "
" My dad says if you get bird poop on your head, it's brings good luck! " ( Completely irrelevant )


Superstitions vs Practicality.
I walked right by them hoping it will make some stranger happy when they're found. :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I usually pick it up then donate it...

VickieVic said...

Smart!:)