Saturday, May 26, 2012

High on the hill was a lonely vodka

Lay....yee... o....de lay...yee.. o... de lay....hee hooo

Week 2 in Suzhou, a lonely vodka has observed a couple of things:

  1. She is a banana.  (Although she speaks and writes Chinese, she is definitely a freakin' banana.)
  2. Asian drivers, Chinese I mean, sure can drive.  They drive as if they have a small penis (you know when you have a small penis you are always angry.  You are mostly angry at yourself but you know you can't do much to make it grow so you get angry at everybody else on the street.  *HONK* "Give way you loser, I have a small penis coming!!") Okay I know I don't have a wank but I tend to put myself in people's shoes (or in this case tighty whities) and I tend to pretend that I understand what they feel/think.
  3. This place smells!  It's a mixture of pollution: factories, cars, trucks, cigarettes, spits, urine, poop, farts, burps, sweat, armpits, greasy hair, constructions, trash.
  4. Chinese women don't like to wrap up their monthly business.  You see fresh blood next to the toilet bowl every where you go.  I feel like throwing up thinking about this.  
  5. People love slamming doors at your face.  
  6. Most people are color blind - red light doesn't mean anything.  
  7. Men and Women love to scream.  (can you imagine staying next door to these screamers?  The whole village can hear the shit they are doing in the middle of the night).
  8. Chinese women love to argue and fight.  (that I already knew, but this is intense!)
  9. No access to Facebook, YouTube, twitter, Blogger and etc. (although, every once in a while, possibly 1% of the time, you can get a quick visit to Blogger.  But I still have no luck getting to FB, YT & TWTR) 
  10. Vodka is an ignorant asshole who is not strong enough to live in Asia.  
  11. And of course, I am not trying to say that everybody is like the way I described.  There are some really nice, down to earth peeps.  
On the positive notes, I have met some friendly people here.  They are kind, thoughtful, polite and just make you pray that the world is filled with a lot more of people like them. :)

Alrighty, pictures time!!
Daily Breakfast

Doesn't this look like a scene (sans the a/c units) in a kungfu movie?

十全街 - A street packed with little clothing, shoes, eateries, bars, knick-knacks & etc. stores

My first real Chinese lunch in 2 weeks since my arrival.  I forgot to take a picture before eating because you have no idea how deprived I was!

Can you spot a bridge?

This is a restaurant converted from a mansion owned by someone famous back in the days. (Yes I know I sound completely ignorant.  I wish I remember who it was and how old this house is!)

Guess what this is?

3 comments:

VickieVic said...

Aiks! How rude ;/ Heart that "kung-ful" pic! Your throat acting up again? Get well soon!

Teochew Kelz said...

Me too! I love those photo editing apps on my phone. :)

Yes my throat again. The pain is on the right side thus the picture. Does it look bad to you? I think it was pretty red and swollen. The anus doctor said it's viral infection (because I was also having 5 ulcers in my mouth). My fourth sore throat in 5 months. It's been almost a week now, I am praying it'll go away.

Tim said...

Well, maybe you shouldn't go to the anus doctor to check your throat? Sounds like a good way to get an infection ;)