Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Do you run?

Let me be honest here.  I hate working out.  Think about trying to get a cat in the shower, yes that's how much I detest it.

I don't know what the hype is, when I log into my facebook lately, all I read about is "I ran for 5 miles today", "I am training for my marathon", "I ran away from my husband"... So yesterday I forced myself to get on the treadmill yesterday and ran for 15 minutes (Wooooooooo.....).  Hey, at least it's better than sitting on the chair sipping vodka.  

The 15 minutes run was good for me since I sort of have frequent constipation (thus the enema, go figure!), the run jiggled my over-packed colon and I managed to release those little brownies in the pool.

This has been the second exercise I have done in the past 2 months.  The last time I "worked out", I did 5 jumping jacks and managed to burn a grand total of 8 800 calories.

Do you work out?  How often do you do it?  Do you do it every night with a box of tissues next to you?  Do you do it with a bottle of lotion in your other hand?  Oops, sorry got a little side tracked there.  Anyway, how often do you really do it??




3 comments:

Tim said...

That's a different workout altogether lol.

What I'm doing is power 90 (precursor to p90x). It's 6 days a week, one day cardio, one day strength training. It's doing cross training, where you move from one exercise to the other with no breaks in between. I find it a lot less boring than sitting on a treadmill. It's only 35-45 minutes a day, so it's not too bad.

I also got a heart rate monitor to help gauge how many calories I burn, since machines and MFP are both fairly inaccurate.

VickieVic said...

Way to go Kelz :)

Teochew Kelz said...

Timmy, you are hardcore. I salute you!