Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You Snooze, You Lose

I have a secret relationship with my snooze button. Practically hit it on average 3 times before i get myself out of bed every morning. In all honestly, it was strategically set to go off every 10 minutes so i can drag myself up 30 mins prior to my scheduled clinic times.
Does this make me a snooze addict?

Some love the exhilaration and euphoria of falling asleep again.
Some think the extra 15 mins of sleep may seem like a saving grace.
I think the extra time laying in bed is luxury.

Some research nerds claims that:
- Snoozers lost our on valuable sleep that brain needs in order to consolidate memory and restore itself for tasks like concentration. ( This.... i have to agree )
- After hitting the button and drifting off to sleep, we enter into the sleep cycle. It's really horrible to be woken up when we are half way in the cycle ( eg: deep sleep / cutting REM short ). Perhaps this explains why at times i wake up feeling groggy -- my alarm is going off at the wrong part of the sleep cycle.

Hence, tomorrow shall be the day i disregard the snooze button! ( Incidentally, i said that 2 months ago... )

2 comments:

Teochew Kelz said...

I set my alarms 30 minutes apart, so I snoozed for about 45 minutes and finally I drag myself out of bed, feeling like I barely slept. I need to stop snoozing!

VickieVic said...

New year resolution LOL