Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Yes Ma'am!



Quotes from You've Got Mail.

Joe Fox: The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.

Kathleen Kelly: What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

Kathleen Kelly: [in an email to Joe Fox] The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.

Oh i'm a word addict. 

PS: i heart this picture :)
PSS: Overheard, my colleague turned to me after a phone call from her husband:" Men, they don't know what to do with themselves when they're not working!. " :D

Interesting reads from here and there:
Motorboating ( a new term i learnt...a useless term... i learnt.. wasted a brain cell. Darn. )

Love, 
Nerd.

1 comment:

Teochew Kelz said...

My dear, you make me want the movie for the fifteenth time! It's my all time favorite :)