Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fascinating reads



On a lazy Sunday morning :)

We shall be having lots of tea time at 4 pm.
It'll be too funny to see a brits talking to the country folks.

Injected the bounce to my steps this morning!


Travelling is a gem, especially solo travelling. When we were conquering the east coast, we took 2 hours exploring the city by ourselves. I have to admit, maneuvering through a city without my human map is difficult. I made new friends, tasted good gelato and used my currency (smile) more often. 
One becomes more aware of his/her surrounding: The color blue on the wooden door that we walked past many times has so much depth when i stood still and admire it by myself; Looking for kind eyes to smile back at you to feel welcomed: striking up more conversations and noticing little details of people around me more. 
Absolutely agree with the writer that travelling slow with no agenda is the way to go! Asking the locals about where to eat, see, do, play, go is so much better than depending on the internet/travelling guides -- human to human connection is much more satisfying.
The best part is: by the end of our solo expedition, we can't wait to share the stories of our adventure to each other over dinner. 



No comments: